Top Poetry Picks

April is a wonderful month to be a librarian. This is the time of year when we feed our students an extra dose of poetry in the library and in the classroom. I love walking down the hallways of my school and seeing all of the beautiful examples of poems written by our students. In the library, I shared some of favorite poems with students.  I was so pleased to pass by the poetry section in the library each day and see the shelves emptying and the remaining selections scattered.

Below are a few of our favorite poetry books. I read Wolf's Coming by Joe Kulka, and students were visibly surprised by the ending. Mirror Mirror by Marilyn Singer is an unbelievable book of reversible poems. Students were amazing that someone could write such clever poems. Another favorite was Spot the Plot by J. Patrick Lewis. Students loved guessing the character or story hinted in each riddle.



No comments:

Post a Comment